I use my office computer for most of my works and it is open to some of my colleagues too. I usually hide my personal files and folder for safe keeping. Sometime a bizarre file name, similar to system or program names, works fine. If the file or folder name doesn’t look familiar chances are there that nobody will open it. And what if you can create a folder or file without name? Here, I have a tip which will help you to create no name file and folder in Windows OS.
No name file and folder in Desktop PC
When you make a no name file, the alpha numeric system ( in simple words, Alt key + any number) works behind the scene. That’s why before doing this tricks make sure that your num key is on. Now follow the steps:
- Create any file or folder. You can create an Ms-Word, Excel or text file. If you want to put no name on an existing file which you have already created, just select it with your mouse key.
- Right click on it and select ‘Rename’. You can also use shortcut key ‘F2’
- Make sure that your num key is on. Now hold the Alt Key and press 0160 or 0255
- You would be able to see a blank space in place of the file name. Just click enter and your no name file is ready.
No name file and folder in Laptop
This process is more or less same like Desktop. The only difference is that you need to activate the function key when you don’t have a separate num keypad on your laptop.
- Turn on Num Lock on your laptop pad by Function [Fn] + Num Lock key.
- Create the file or folder or select a previous one.
- Click right and go to ‘Rename’.
- Hold the Alt Key and from num pad type 0160 or 0255 and press enter.
- Your no name file or folder is ready.
How to create multiple no name files and folders in same folder?
The actual name of the no name file is a ‘Single Space’ or blank space. You would not be able to create same type of another no name file in the same folder and the problem of identical file name would be the issue. To overcome this problem repeat the same alpha numeric method, Alt + 0160. That means no file name with double single space name. Repeat the process for multiple no name files in the specific folder.http://goo.gl/FoQ4C