Browsers are the medium to open and access web pages over internet. You will find a number of Web Browsers according to your internet surfing choice. Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Mozilla’s Firefox, Apple’s Safari and Google’s Chrome are the browsers which are generally used by a huge volume of Internet Users.
What is Default Browser?
May be you have installed more than one or more browser in your Computer. The default browser is browser which opens automatically whenever you click a link when you are not using that Browser. For example – You are reading an email in Outlook or a PDF file on your Desktop, you got a web-link while reading and clicked on it. The browser which opens automatically is your default browser.
But, if you are reading a blog post in Chrome, you clicked on the link and a new web page opens in Chrome, then in this case Chrome is not your default browser.
Whenever you download and install a web browser, you got an option to make it your default one. But if you miss, you can always change default browser in your Computer.
May you would also like: Best browser for Android
How to Change Default Browser
In this article I would tell to how to Make or Change your default browser to Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
Make Chrome your Default Browser
Reading this you would able to make Chrome as your default Browser in Windows 7, Windows 8, Visa and XP. Making Chrome as your default browser is simplest than other browsers.
1. Open Google Chrome and click on Wrench Icon on top right corner.
2. Select ‘Settings’
3. In the Settings option, scroll down and select “Make Google Chrome my default browser” and close it.
Now Chrome is your default browser.
Make Firefox as your default browser
Firefox is open source free web bower and works fine with Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux operating system. With some clicks you can make it you default browser in any OS.
1. Open Firefox browser and click the Firefox button available on the top left corner.
2. Select Options and again go to Options.
3. In the options dialogue box, select Advanced and then General.
4. Now click ‘Check Now’ button in the same dialogue box.
5. Firefox will check, whether it is your default browser or not. If it is not, you will see a message
“Firefox is not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser?”
6. Click on Yes and then OK.
Now you have made Firefox your default browser.
Make Internet Explorer your default browser
In the battlefield of browser, Microsoft’s IE9 is a new star. I like the new stuff and navigation features in it. Here I will show you how to make Internet Explorer you default browser:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools Menu ( Short Keys: Alt + T + O or Alt + X + O )
3. Select ‘Internet Options’
4. In the internet options dialogue box select ‘Programs’.
5. Click on ‘Make default’ button, then Apply and OK.
Now IE is your default browser.
Make Safari default browser
Developed by Apple, Safari is one of the best browsers available. It becomes pre-installed in Mac and iOS. Previously I didn’t use Safari. I was reading an article and though I should give a try. It was amazing. Navigation is sleek and catchy.
Learn to make Safari your default browser.
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on setting, on the top right corner.
3. Then go to Preferences (Short Key: Ctrl + , key)
4. Go to General option.
5. From ‘Default web browser’, drop down and select Safari.
6. Close the dialogue box and Safari is now your default browser.http://goo.gl/FoQ4C