Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar both are awesome tools to organize you with event planning. While Microsoft Outlook Calendar allows you to schedule an event on your PC even when you are offline, Google Calendar, on the other hand, only allows it when you can access the web. If you use both the Calendars, you may find it a bit irritating to enter the same information in both the calendars one by one. Fortunately Google offers a sync tools, called “Google Calendar Sync”, which automatically sync Google Calendar with Outlook Calendar. At the same time you can determine the way of sync as well as the time frequency. It is easy and hassle-free.
Here is a step by step guide to how to sync Google Calendar with Microsoft Outlook Calendar
1. Download and Install:
First of all download the Google Calendar Sync exe file from Google and run the application. Accept “Google Calendar Sync Terms of Service” and install the sync software. It needs only 2.5 MB space on your Hard Disk.
2. Google Account Settings
- Fill your Gmail ID and Password.
3. Select Sync Options:
In the above picture you will find that there are 4 types of sync options available. Let me explain one by one.
- 2-Way:This means whatever changes you make in Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar it will reflect in both of them. For example you add an event in Microsoft Outlook Calendar; it will also appear in Google Calendar. On other side, if you delete an event in Google Calendar, it will also get deleted in Outlook Calendar. Even when you modify a same event multiple times in any of the two, it will show the same result on the other.
- 1-Way: Google Calendar to Microsoft Outlook CalendarWhen you add/modify/delete an event in Google Calendar the result will be reflected in Microsoft Outlook Calendar also. But changing any item in Outlook Calendar will not show any changes in Google Calendar.
- 1-Way: Microsoft Outlook Calendar to Google CalendarAdd/modify/delete an event in Microsoft Calendar the result will be reflected in Google Calendar. But if you add/delete any item in Google Calendar, it wouldn’t show any changes in Outlook Calendar.
Suggestion: I recommend selecting 2-Way option.
4. Set Time Interval for Sync:
By default sync time interval is 120 minutes. You can select ‘Sync every’ minutes as per your requirement. For example, I have selected 30 minutes. That mean in every 30 minutes of time sync will be done automatically and in case of any changes in any of the two, the same result will be reflected in both the calendars.
5. Manual Sync:
If you don’t want to wait for sync Google Calendar with Outlook Calendar as per your selected sync interval, you can always do it instantly. Just right click on sync icon and select sync.
6. Uninstall sync Google Calendar with Outlook
It is just like you uninstall software from your computer. Follow these steps:
- Go to Start Button
- Open Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Find our “Google Calendar Sync” and select Remove button.
- Click Uninstall and confirm to remove it.
I hope you will find this article helpful. Please send your suggestion & feedbacks in comment box.http://goo.gl/FoQ4C