Whenever we write an email we put our name, address or other details at the end of the email. Many of you may have seen very beautiful, coloured and stylish handwritten texts or images at the end of email. These are email signatures which makes the email identified.
Signature in Outlook and why it is important?
As a port of Microsoft Office, Outlook is a personal information manager widely used for sending
and receiving emails. Whereas, signature in outlook, is a personalized block of rich text/images, which makes an email more presentable and easy to share. It saves lots of time of an email sender in terms of avoiding repeated information every time.
For example: If an Outlook user mentions name, occupation and contact details every time for a new email, he/she can save these information through signature in outlook, in the form of text/images to avoid typing the same information each time.
How to Add Signature in Outlook?
Adding a signature on your outlook account is quite easy. With few clicks, anyone can set a signature on outlook. Here is a step by step guide:
1. Open Outlook and go to Tools and then select options (Alt + T + O)
2. In the Options windows, jump to ‘Mail Format’ and click on ‘Signatures’.
3. You will see a new window called ‘Signatures and Stationery’. Here select ‘E-mail Signature’. Then click New. A new small window ‘New Signature’ would be there. Mention you desired signature name and click OK.
Now you can mention whatever you like to mention in the signature text area. You can choose Font Style, Size, and Colour etc.
After it, just click OK.
Note: You can create multiple signatures as per your requirements for different emails (personal or official etc.)
4. You have one more option to customize your signature in outlook. Refer to the Step 3 above.
Select ‘Personal Stationery’ from the ‘Signature and Stationery’ window. You can set customized signatures for replying or forwarding messages.
5. Now you are ready with your outlook signature. Try to create a new email. Go to ‘Insert’ then select ‘Signature’. From the dropdown menu you will see a list of the signatures created. Select the required signature from the drop down list and it is done.