Top 15+ Best Browser for Android
This post covers a comprehensive list of best browsers for android.
I always need to surf the net for different reasons and on different places. I can’t take my PC everywhere. Thanks to SmartPhone Android Devices which allows me to use internet on the go. Sometimes it is pretty fast, help you the most and sometimes it eats out the brain. Think you are chatting with facebook friends and facebook update on Android phone is quite slow or accessing Gmail on Android and requesting refresh button to do its job fast. Think you are doing some personal search and afraid, because Android browser keeps the search results in cache and your mom could find out what you was looking for. From speed to security, from simplicity to utility there are many aspects you need in an internet browser for android phone.
I searched the internet and made a list of best browsers for android phone, you can have a try.
1. Opera for Android
Opera mini is one of the most user friendly and fastest browser for android devices, whether it is a phone or tablet. With buttery smooth zooming and scrolling features Opera gives efficient internet browsing experience. It cuts your billing cost for data usage on Android phones. When you browse through Opera, the web page first goes to Opera Sever where it is compressed as much as 80% (Opera claims) and then it comes to your mobile, which makes it fast and cost effective for android data usage. Some of its features are:
- Save browsing time by compressing web page for mobile download.
- One tap speed dial for your favorite websites.
- Open multiple pages and switch between them.
- Ease navigation both for keypad and touch-screen devices.
- Adjustable font size reading.
2. Skyfire for android
Skyfire is another fastest android browser with smart and customizable features making internet usage experience and social sharing a fun. Like Opera it downloads the web page first on it server and then delivers compressed output on your android phone or tablet, which makes it fast and efficient to save android data usage. What makes it different from other android browsers is its social sharing features. You can share whatever you like with Facebook, Twitter and Google + seamlessly. Home screen is a collection of web page links like Facebook, Wikipedia, Youtube etc in a grid view. Cool, Isn’t it. Browsing videos through Facebook and Youtube is quite fast and ideal for low bandwidth. You don’t need to type every time for search results. Copy the content, past it in search box, press the search button and you are done. Skyfire apk is small in size and don’t take much time to download. Some of its features are:
- Delivers compress size of webpage on android phone.
- Customizable browning preference (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Support Google Reader
- Easy bookmarking and social sharing with Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Easily plays flash videos on android devices.
- Full screen web browsing experience
- Easy pinch to zoom in and out functions.
3. Chrome browser on Android
Millions of us love Chrome for internet surfing and are using Google Chrome as default web browser for PCs. Now you can use Chrome browser on Android Phone and tablets. Google recently announced the launch of Chrome Beta for Android devices on its Chrome Blog. Chrome is known for its speed and simplicity and obviously it doesn’t need any introduction. Please see below some of its cool features:
- Fast and automatic search. When you type something it automatic completes the search matching with your search term and simultaneous download the page in background. The moment your lick your fingers down, it comes with the search results.
- Offers a simple design and fast navigation
- Offers personal security with setting and personal search with incognito.
- Easy sync of bookmarks on chrome.
4. Firefox Browser on Android
Mozilla has launched a new beta version of Firefox browser for Android devices. Mozilla claims to fix many issues in this new release. Yet it is asking for feedbacks from users. It is compatible with many phones and tables using Android 2.1 OS and above. It needs 17 MB of internal or SD card memory with 512 MB of RAM. One using Firebox browser on Android would witness:
- Easy sync of bookmarks.
- Can open the same web pages on Android phone and on PC simultaneously. That means if you have to leave your pc amidst of internet browsing, still you will find the same page ready on your mobile phone.
- When you start typing, multiple search engines appear for your choice, including Wikipedia, Twitter, Amazon, Yahoo etc.
- Personalized start up page gives you option of instant access of web pages which you used previously with recommendations and Firefox add-ons on your mobile phone.
- ‘Personas’ is a feature which allows you to choose thousands of colorful themes to change the look of the browser.
5. UC Browser for Android
UC browser is a brainchild of Chinese Company UCWEB. UC browser supports more than 3000 devices and it is already a popular browser on Android platform. Started in 2004 with only 274 preloaded mobile handsets, UC Browser has a base of 300+ million users worldwide at present. If it would be a country, it would have been chasing United States in terms of population (United States Population Clock). With superfast connectivity UC Browser offers a lot for Android devices.
- Open and it will automatically detect wi-fi connection neat to you. (If already not used that connection)
- It uses cloud computing architecture for web page download which makes it quite fast and able to save 85% of power on android phones.
- Allows you take picture and video shots even when the internet browser is working.
- Shortcut feature to save time for most used / recently closed sites.
- Well optimized pan and zoom reading experience with page fit, portrait and landscape rotation.
6. Dolphin HD Android Browser
Dolphin HD Android browser is a commanding and faster browser. Like Chrome, UC browser and Firefox, Dolphin HD offers a number of add-on features. You can add up to 50 add-ons including ‘Read it later’, a must have app for bloggers. Its swap gesture feature is really brilliant. You can make gestures for faster browsing and can recall your favorite websites with one or two swaps. It is also packed with Tabbed features and nice thumbnails for better browsing. Some of its cool features are:
- ‘Inbuilt Youtube downloader’ to download YouTube video on Android phones directly.
- Dolphin browser private browsing is really good and allows private browsing without storing data.
- Its screen cut feature can save a webpage or so, as in image in SD Card or in phone memory.
- It saves most visited sites in history option to open sites quickly.
- Swipe gestures to save time.
- Full screen, horizontal and vertical view provides ample features for better reading. Zoom in and out with flip of fingers is impressing.
7. Miren Android Brower
Packed with soft blue color theme Miren is an instant fast and sensitive web browser for Android Phones. Just start typing and it will come with suggestions for websites. User Interface is clean and simple. The 8 swift-access buttons with practice home screen enhances the experience. I really liked the three buttons on the down-screen, Back, RSS and Zoom. Back button on the left side helps easy to go back option whenever you want. You can also adjust the brightness of the screen while browsing internet. Some of its core features are:
- Smart full screen and full tabbed options.
- Instant access to frequently visited sites, bookmarks, history and RSS feeds.
- Instant backward and forward navigation options.
- Import / Export of your bookmarked folder on the SD card on your Android phone.
- Multi touch pinch zoom option for easy reading.
- It is highly customizable as per personal requirement by ‘Common and Advance’ browser settings.
8. Maxthon Android Browser
Maxthon is a smart mobile browser for android devices which helps you to browse internet the way you want. Its intuitive and customized interface with swift responses to your fingers is really cool. It also works as an anti virus for android devices by using anti-phishing technology. It is boosted with super security features and understands your privacy requirements. You can clear android search history manually or automatically by security options. You can add quick links of websites to your home or access page, which means you don’t need to type your favourite website address every time. Some of its cool features are:
- If you are using Maxthon web browser on your Desktop Computer or Laptop, you can sync bookmarks on your android phone or tablet. Only you need to create an account.
- Download gesture add on and you can make gestures for fast browsing.
- Highly customizable and packed with great security features including ‘Delete Cooking’ and ‘Clear Passwords’
At present it is not the complete list. Now I have to rush for home, its Navratri festival yaar. I will update is soon.